Business performance measurement includes alignment of strategic goals with performance goals, related metrics, and using data to make informed decisions to insure continuous improvement of the organization.
Five phases in the Performance Measurement process:
- Strategic alignment: mission, programs, outcomes, measurement
- Outcome-based measurement design (may incorporate Return on Investment analysis)
- System Design for Data collection, Analysis & Reporting
- Communication of findings
- Meaningful incorporation of findings into system and/or program improvement