Nonprofit Performance Measurement includes alignment of strategic goals with program evaluation goals, related outcomes and metrics, and using data to make informed decisions to insure continuous improvement of the organization. This work may address monitoring and tracking of goals at the organizational or the programmatic level. It may be based on funder requirement or board request.
- Measure program goals and relate back to strategic plan
- Report findings to funder and board
- Use results to drive improvement and change
- Use results to market success to funders
- Generate proposals that incorporate findings
- Align organizational strategic plan with program goals
- Develop theory of change and logic model with indicators of success
- Design evaluation based on set of process and outcome evaluation questions
- Develop data collection plan
- Develop Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to secure data from community partners
- Conduct evaluation – collect and evaluate data
- Develop report of findings that is easy to read and highlights successes and challenges
Examples of Services
- Coach and consult with non-profits on strategic planning and program evaluation in developing a realistic framework for evaluating programs within the confines of restricted funds and resources.
- For a nonprofit seeking an external evaluator, advised on RFP development and proposal selection process for large-scale evaluation of multi-site program evaluation.
- Conducted a multi-year study on at-risk college freshman planning on majoring in STEM (science, technology, education and math). Evaluation assessed impact of summer bridge program and ongoing mentoring.
- Managed qualitative study for cross-constituent urban alliance to determine key areas of need for children and families. Findings drawn from synthesis of 22 focus groups.